The Equality Project
"I'm part of the majority"
This spring, we released powerful data confirming what so many already knew to be true: a majority of Canadians see income inequality as a "serious problem" and want to take part in government-led solutions to ending it. Our report created a lot of buzz. Check out some of the coverage and download our new paper, Towards a More Equal Canada.
You likely already know whether you fall into the infamous 1% or 99%, but where do you fit into these new stats?
- 77% of Canadians deem income inequality a "serious problem"
- 71% of us believe the widening income gap undermines Canadian values
- 73% (including a majority of Conservative voters) support gradually increasing corporate tax rates
A majority of Canadians want government action on income inequality. If you're part of this clear majority, take action now:
- Download & share our Equality Project poll report and its first paper
- Share the report and paper on Facebook
- Tweet one of these messages:
77% see income #inequality as a "serious problem" - are you part of the vast majority? Take action with the #EqualityProject: http://bit.ly/QMklSz
73% support increasing corporate tax rates. I'm part of the majority, are you? Take action with the #EqualityProject: http://bit.ly/QMklSz
83% support higher taxes for the richest among us. Are you in that majority? Take action with the #EqualityProject: http://bit.ly/QMklSz
Most Canadians want government to take action to end #inequality. I'm proudly in the majority, are you? Take action with the #EqualityProject: http://bit.ly/QMklSz
Make sure you sign up for Broadbent Institute emails to get updates about the Equality Project and future actions. And if you're able, please consider becoming a donor to help the Broadbent Institute lead the way to ending income inequality in Canada.