Digital Engagement Organizer
The Broadbent Institute (www.broadbentinstitute.ca) is a national, non-partisan organization championing progressive change through the promotion of democracy, equality, and sustainability and the training of a new generation of leaders.
POSITION SUMMARY & CORE EXPECTATIONS:
The Broadbent Institute is seeking a highly organized digital organizer responsible for developing and implementing digital tactics to extend the reach and impact of the Institute's engagement, training, and policy work.
Coordinates online promotion of Broadbent Institute events to maximize participation and digital engagement, using the Institute’s digital assets and, when relevant, online advertising.
Coordinates and manages online events, such as training webinars, including registration, broadcast, interaction, and recording.
Analyze data, including response to events, activities and actions, and recommends and implements tactics to maximize reach and steward engagement.
Prepares and publishes web content on the Institute’s websites, including art, as needed.
- Commitment to the Broadbent Institute’s vision and mission
- Proficiency in NationBuilder's Community Organizing System, including the content management system (CMS), constituent relationship management (CRM), and other tools
- Strong knowledge of how to leverage social media and NationBuilder tools to extend reach and engagement with organization
- Knowledge of principles and practices of online organizing
- Minimum of 3 years doing comparable work
- Post-secondary degree or equivalent
- Strong written communications skills
- Basic graphic design skills an asset
- Fluency in French an asset
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently, take initiative, solution-oriented
- Proven ability to set priorities, multi-task, and meet deadlines
- Sound judgment
- Strategic thinker
- Attention to detail
This is a part-time, term-limited position (one year). We offer a benefits package after a three-month probationary period. Location flexible.
Applications will be accepted until 5 PM on May 25, 2015.
Please direct your cover letter and resume to email@example.com to the attention of Chantal Leblanc, Office Manager, and include “Digital Engagement Organizer” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
The Broadbent Institute is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates in advance for their application, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.