The Broadbent Institute (www.broadbentinstitute.ca) is a national, non-partisan organization championing progressive change through the promotion of democracy, equality, and sustainability and the training of a new generation of leaders.
POSITION SUMMARY AND CORE EXPECTATIONS:
The Broadbent Institute is seeking an experienced fundraising professional responsible for growing and maintaining relationships with current and prospective donors.
Reporting to the Director of Development, the primary function of this position is individual fundraising, and can include other fundraising assignments and duties as is needed by the department.
The Development Manager is responsible for facilitating fundraising activities and achieving targets by phone, email, direct mail, special events, and in person.
- Applies proven methods to fundraise from current and prospective individual donors for core funding
- Develops and executes work plan to achieve fundraising goals and targets
- Donor and prospect research using online resources
- Maintain and update primary contact database CRM
- Record and track individual and organizational pledges and contributions
- Oversee monthly PAC programme - recover lapsed accounts
- Manage in-house call centre operations and scheduling
- Assist in the coordination of institute fundraising events with a focus on individual donors and supporters
- Attends events, trade shows, and conventions as an outreach representative
- Reports results weekly, monthly
Commitment to the Broadbent Institute’s vision and mission
Proficiency in NationBuilder's Community Organizing System (or similar), including the content management system (CMS), constituent relationship management (CRM), and other tools
Minimum of 2 years doing comparable work
Strong written communications skills
Email writing experience an asset
Fluency in French an asset
Self-motivated and ability to work independently and with a team, goal driven, solution-oriented
Proven ability to set priorities, and meet deadlines
Attention to detail
This is a full-time, salaried position. We offer a benefits package after the 3 month probationary period. Located in Ottawa.
Applications will be accepted until 5 PM on May 29, 2017.
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com to the attention of Jaclyn Moneypenny, Office Manager, and include “Development Manager” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
The Broadbent Institute is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates in advance for their application, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.