Reporting to the Program Director, the Research Manager is responsible for executing the Broadbent Institute’s strategic research agenda, the release of reports and publications and facilitatiing the Insititute’s rapid response capacity.
Key responsibilities :
- Assists with publication of policy reports from inception to release
- Primary responsibility for liasion, communication, outreach and overall relationship with Broadbent Fellows
- Develops content for the Broadbent blog (e.g. build editorial calendar, chase reactive content, manage contributor relations, provide substantive editing, write headlines, construct webpages, write occasional posts) as well as for issue or event- driven campaigns
- Assists with programming for Progress Summit
- Monitors news events and Canadian political sphere for opportunities to quickly react.
- Identifies emerging trends in relevant academic research and public policy.
- Liaises with relevant stakeholders
- A commitment to social-democratic values
- A strong grasp of public policy priorities at various levels of Canadian politics
- Familiar and engaged with different aspects of the progressive movement, including the labour movement, community organizations, the environmental movement, the anti-racist movement, and other social movements.
- Strong writing and editing skills,
- Ability to translate academic and public policy research into accessible copy for a wide public,
- Knowledge of both quantitative and qualitative research methodologies
- Knowledge of current progressive academic publications, and experience using Nationbuilder
- Bilingualism is a major asset.
This position can be located in any of our offices: Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto or Vancouver.
Competition closes September 15, 2017 at 12:00 p.m.
To apply please forward your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
We thank all applicants but only those candidates short listed for further consideration will be contacted.