Agenda during election year includes biggest gathering of progressive minds at Progress Summit 2015
OTTAWA—Ed Broadbent, Chair of the Broadbent Institute, is pleased to welcome noted leaders from across the country to the Institute’s Board of Directors to help shape the organization’s growing research and training agenda.
The new Board members are:
- Patti Bacchus, Vancouver School Board (VSB) Trustee who served as Chair of the VSB for six years.
- Michelle Beveridge, a communications and campaign consultant based in Saskatoon.
- Dr. Monika Dutt, family physician, Wagmatcook First Nation and Chair of Canadian Doctors for Medicare, as well as Medical Officer of Health, Cape Breton District Health Authority, and Adjunct Professor, Cape Breton University.
- Greg Marchildon, Canada Research Chair in Public Policy and Economic History at the Johnson-Shoyama Graduate School of Public Policy at the University of Regina and a former deputy minister to the premier of Saskatchewan; he later served as executive director of the Royal Commission on the Future of Health Care in Canada, known as the Romanow Commission.
- Valérie Plante, Montreal City Councillor for Project Montréal and Deputy Leader of the Official Opposition.
They join Dawn Black, Michal Hay, William Knight, Patricia Thompson and Brian Topp.
“I am very pleased to welcome this accomplished group of Canadians to our Board. They join a strong group of leaders working to advance a progressive agenda in Canada at this crucial time,” Broadbent said. “With offices now in Vancouver, Ottawa, Toronto and Montreal, the Institute continues its impressive growth across the country.”
The expanded Board will be in Ottawa from March 26 to 28 for Progress Summit 2015, the Institute’s annual conference that brings together some of the most influential thinkers, policy experts, and organizers. A special training day will also be held to teach organizers cutting-edge campaign strategies.
For more information, please contact:
Sarah Schmidt, Director of Communications, Broadbent Institute
sschmidt[at]broadbentinstitute[dot]ca or 613-857-2814