The Broadbent Institute is looking for an experienced fundraising or digital marketing professional to be responsible for developing and maintaining our relationships with supporters and prospective donors.
What we believe
The Broadbent Institute is Canada’s leading progressive think tank. Our work exists to empower Canadians, strengthen grassroots movements, challenge oppressive systems, and build power through collective action.
Reporting to the Director of Development, the Digital and Database Coordinator is responsible for facilitating individual fundraising activities and achieving targets by phone, email, mail, special events, and in person and the maintenance of our database.
Here are the main things you would be expected to do in this job:
- Lead the development and execution of individual fundraising campaigns aimed at both acquisition of new one-time and monthly donors as well as maintaining the annual fund of regular and one-time donors to support monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue targets.
- Project manage digital fundraising suppliers/vendors to lead individual campaigns, including email, phone calls, digital advertising, and social media as required.
- Responsible for maintaining the Institute’s core database management system, ensuring data accuracy and integrity, creating queries and exports for individual campaigns, monthly analytics report and providing a monthly financial reconciliation report.
- Oversees the work and results of contracted staff and the Development Assistant in executing individual fundraising initiatives.
- Assists in the coordination of Institute events with a focus on sponsor relationships, communications and logistics. Attends events, trade shows, and conventions as an outreach representative when needed
- Other duties as assigned.
The person we’re looking for will ideally meet a number of these criteria:
- Experience in a leadership role on digital campaigns, with demonstrated experience project managing vendors, fellow staff and a content calendar
- Experience as a database administrator, targeting and segmenting digital communication.
- Proficiency and experience usingin NationBuilder's Community Organizing System, including the content management system (CMS), constituent relationship management (CRM), and other tools
- Minimum of 2 years doing comparable work
- Strong written communications skills
- Commitment to the Broadbent Institute’s vision and mission
- Fluency in French an asset
This is a permanent, full-time unionized position governed by a collective agreement between the Broadbent Institute and UFCW 1006-A. Institute operations are conducted in English. Our offices are located in Ottawa and Toronto although remote work is possible and requires working from home.
Daytime hours of work. Ability to travel and attend weekends, early morning and evening meetings required.
The starting salary of this position is $60,000 annually. Broadbent Institute offers generous vacation time and a comprehensive benefits package.
To apply please forward a cover letter, resume and two examples of digital development work to [email protected] with “Digital and Data, Broadbent Institute” in the subject line.
The hiring committee will review applications as we receive them. Applications received after Friday, September 23 at 5:00 pm EST will not be considered.
References will be requested if you are considered for the position. While all responses will be appreciated and handled in the strictest confidence, only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
Broadbent Institute values diversity and is committed to fostering an environment of inclusion and cross-cultural sensitivity. We encourage applications from Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.