POSITION SUMMARY & CORE EXPECTATIONS:
The Broadbent Institute is seeking a writer, based in Alberta, for PressProgress, an online news project of the Institute.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Working closely with the PressProgress editorial team, the Alberta writer will develop story ideas as well as investigate and write stories as assigned. This position reports to the Institute’s Program Director.
- Commitment to the Broadbent Institute’s vision and mission
- In-depth knowledge of and passion for Alberta politics
- Post-secondary degree or equivalent
- 2 years of experience in a comparable position such as a rapid-response researcher, reporter or editor, preferably for online publication
Excellent communication skills, superior writing and editing skills.
- Capable of working independently and taking the initiative at critical moments
- Ability to work effectively out of office
- Exceptional online research skills and attention to detail
- Sound political judgment
- Proven ability to thrive under the tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
This is a 32 hours per week, term-limited position starting ASAP and ending May31st. The position may be located anywhere in Alberta and requires working remotely.
Applications will be accepted until 5 PM on July 20th, 2018. To apply please forward your cover letter and resume to [email protected] with “Alberta Writer, PressProgress” in the subject line.
The Broadbent Institute is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates in advance for their application, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.