Position Summary and Core Expectations
The Broadbent Institute is seeking a Communications Coordinator to be responsible for executing communication strategies to increase the Institute’s public profile and communicate the organization’s brand to internal and external audiences. Reporting to the Program Director, the Communications Coordinator supports the development and implementation of communication and media plans.
- Creates and distributes media advisories, press releases and other documents, and maintains up -to date media lists
- Fields inquiries and arranges interviews for Executive Director or other designated BI spokespersons
- Helps build brand recognition for BI among journalists, media outlets and other parties
- Responsible for the Institute’s digital footprint to maximize participation and digital engagement, identifies new opportunities
- Responsible for social media content on all platforms (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, monitoring news and conversations on Twitter
- Works with policy, research and training staff to enhance the public profile of their work
- Ensures content for the Broadbent blog, newsletters, campaigns and other materials is produced in a timely fashion
- Coordinates the design of reports, publications and other products
- Manages contracts with external suppliers and agencies
- Liaises with translators to facilitate the timely translation of BI materials.
- Tracks, evaluates and grows metrics
- Ensures the achievement of expected timelines and deliverables
- Other duties as required
- A commitment to social-democratic values
- Strong writing and editing skills,
- Ability to think critically, results oriented
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorit
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media/social media
- Proven ability to work both independently and in a team based environment.
- Proficiency with software programs (Photoshop, InDesign, etc.)
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of graphic design is an asset
- Ability to work in French and English.
This is a full time position located in Ottawa, Toronto or Montreal.
The competition closes April 27 at 1:00 pm EST.
To apply please forward your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
We thank all applicants but only those candidates who are shortlisted for further consideration will be contacted.