Position Summary and Core Expectations
The Broadbent Institute is seeking a Communications Coordinator to be responsible for executing communication strategies to increase the Institute’s public profile and communicate the organization’s brand to internal and external audiences. Reporting to the Program Director, the Communications Coordinator supports the development and implementation of communication and media plans.
- Builds brand recognition for BI among journalists, media outlets and other parties
- Creates and executes media relation plans including media releases and other documents, fielding inquiries and maintaining up-to-date media lists
- Works with the Digital Specialist to maximize participation and engagement through the Institute’s expanding digital footprint
- Shares responsibility with the Digital Specialist and The Senior Policy Analyst for social media content on all platforms (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, monitoring news and conversations on Twitter)
- Works with Institute staff teams to develop and implement project-based communication plans
- Coordinates the design of reports, publications and other products
- Drafts email, social media and website content.
- Manages contracts with external suppliers and agencies
- Ensures the achievement of expected timelines and deliverables
- Other duties as required
- A commitment to social-democratic values
- Experience in media relations
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media/social media
- Ability to think critically, results oriented
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Proven ability to work both independently and in a team based environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of graphic design is an asset
- Ability to work in French and English is an asset
This is a full time position and may be located in Toronto or Ottawa.
The competition closes August 14th, 2020.
To apply please forward your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants but only those candidates who are shortlisted for further consideration will be contacted.