The Broadbent Institute (www.broadbentinstitute.ca) is a national, non-partisan, equity seeking employer championing progressive change through the promotion of democracy, equality, and sustainability and the training of a new generation of leaders.
POSITION SUMMARY AND CORE EXPECTATIONS:
The Broadbent Institute is seeking an experienced fundraising professional responsible for maintaining developing relationships with current and prospective donors.
Reporting to the Development Manager, this position has collective responsibility with the rest of the Development team, for the organization’s fundraising success, and specific responsibility for maintaining donor relations, updating the central database, and regular outreach to prospective donors and supporters.
The primary function of the Development Assistant is to connect with current and past donors and prospects for the purposes of generating new revenue through the fundraising initiatives and campaigns overseen by the Development Manager in coordination with the Director of Development.
- Fundraises supporters and past donors by phone, email, and direct mail to ensure continual growth in the donor file
- Recovers lost or delinquent pre-authorized credit card payments and pledges
- Processes credit card donations
- Informs supporters of the Institute’s activities, events, and projects
- Creates ongoing effective donor stewardship and appreciation
- Prioritizes PAC recruitment and upgrades
- Other duties as required
- Updates and enters contact and donor information in Nationbuilder
- Contributes tracking and donation processing
- Monitors pledges and planned gifts
- Monitors PAC and online contributions
Reporting and Support
- Is accountable for tracking daily work assignments and weekly and monthly reporting of fundraising results
- Reports daily and weekly PAC and credit card donation fulfillment
- Monitors the Broadbent Institute email@example.com email account and responds to inquiries in a timely fashion
- Supports special events and conferences
- Supports the Development Manager with financial reporting
- Minimum 3 years fundraising experience
- Associate degree or equivalent
- Association of Fundraising Professionals membership preferred
- Phone bank / call centre work experience
- CRM / database proficiency
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in French a strong asset
- Ability to work independently and meet targets
Competition closes March 25th, 2018 at 4:00 p.m. EST. Interviews to be held on Wednesday, March 28th, 2018.
This is a full-time bargaining unit position. 6 month probationary period. Located in Ottawa.
To apply please forward your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants but only those candidates short listed for further consideration will be contacted.