The Broadbent Institute (www.broadbentinstitute.ca) is a national, non-partisan organization championing progressive change through the promotion of democracy, equality, and sustainability and the training of a new generation of leaders.
POSITION SUMMARY AND CORE EXPECTATIONS:
The Broadbent Institute is seeking an experienced office professional responsible for overseeing and maintaining a smoothly run organization over multiple office locations.
Reporting to the Director of Leadership and Training, the primary function of this position is managing the daily operations of the Broadbent Institute’s offices. This role supports the administrative needs of the Executive Director and Board of Directors, and works to uphold the mission, vision and values of the Institute.
Reports to: Director of Leadership and Training
- Responsible for Broadbent Institute administration, including Human Resources, Finance, Office Management and Donations/grants processing.
- Manage administrative routines for reception, mail, direct mail processing and data entry, tax receipt fulfillment, information gathering and distribution, office equipment and office support for staff.
- Maintain contact and donations database using appropriate software.
- Assist Executive Director with Board of Directors meetings, and minute taking, and other as required.
- Assist Executive Director and Chair of the Board with travel arrangements and other as required.
- Assist program staff as required.
- Provide general administrative/clerical support, including word processing, database and records management, general office duties such as telephone and email reception.
- Maintain efficient and transparent filing system for the office, including managing archive files and financial files, and publications.
- Monitor and order office supplies, furniture, telephone and communications systems.
- Oversee, manage and monitor organizational contracts and vendor agreements.
- Manage Broadbent Institute’s personnel files, contracts and personnel matters including orientation, staff training, staff recruitment process, conference attendance, vacation and sick days, health plan administration, etc.
- Manage accounts payables and work with the bookkeeper to coordinate invoice payments.
- Administer petty cash system and banking.
- Undertake other duties and special projects for Broadbent Institute of a nature consistent with the above responsibilities and, where necessary, assist with other areas of work as required
Commitment to the Broadbent Institute’s vision and mission
Proficiency in NationBuilder's Community Organizing System (or similar), including the content management system (CMS), constituent relationship management (CRM), and other tools
Minimum of 2 years doing comparable work
Strong written communications skills
Email writing experience an asset
Fluency in French an asset
Self-motivated and ability to work independently and with a team, goal driven, solution-oriented
Proven ability to set priorities, and meet deadlines
Attention to detail
This is a full-time, salaried position. We offer a benefits package after the 3 month probationary period. Located in Ottawa.
Applications will be accepted until 5 PM on June 2, 2017.
Please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected] to the attention of Alice Dean, Development Manager, and include “Operations Manager” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
The Broadbent Institute is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates in advance for their application, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.