Reporting to the Executive Director, the Program Director is responsible for the oversight of the Institute's campaigns and communications. This position could be based in the Toronto, Ottawa or Montreal offices.
- Working with the Executive Director and other key staff, designs the Institute’s core campaigns.
- Oversees the implementation of the campaigns.
- Designs and implements other special projects when required.
- Working with the Executive Director and the Policy and Research Manager, sets the research and policy priorities for the Institute.
- Oversees the Institute’s communications.
- Oversees the Institute’s media project, PressProgress.
- Works with the Director of Development on the frame and editing of fundraising materials.
- Manages staff in the communications and policy and research departments.
- Shares in the collective responsibilities of the management team.
- A strong commitment to social-democratic values
- Strong writing and editing skills,
- Ability to think critically, results oriented
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in politics, academia and social movements.
- Proven ability to work both independently and in a team based environment.
- Strong attention to detail
- Bilingualism is a major asset.
Competition closes December 1, 2017 at 12:00 p.m. EST.
To apply please forward your cover letter and resume to : [email protected]
We thank all applicants but only those candidates short listed for further consideration will be contacted.