POSITION SUMMARY & CORE EXPECTATIONS:
The Broadbent Institute is seeking a writer, based in BC, for PressProgress, an online news project of the Institute.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Working closely with PressProgress editorial team and the BC Director, the reporter will develop story ideas as well as investigate and write stories as assigned. The BC writer reports to the Institute’s Program Director.
- Commitment to the Broadbent Institute’s vision and mission
- In-depth knowledge of and passion for BC politics
- Post-secondary degree or equivalent
- 2 years of experience in a comparable position such as a rapid-response researcher, reporter or editor, preferably for online publication
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, superior writing and editing skills
- Capable of working independently and taking the initiative at critical moments
- Ability to work effectively from home
- Exceptional online research skills and attention to detail
- Sound political judgment
- Proven ability to thrive under the tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
This is a 20-30 hours per week, term-limited position starting ASAP and ending December 31st. The position may be located anywhere in BC and requires working from home.
Applications will be accepted until 5 PM on June 13th, 2018. To apply please forward your cover letter and resume to [email protected] with “BC Writer, PressProgress” in the subject line.
We thank all applicants but only those candidates who are shortlisted for further consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please. The Broadbent Institute is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates in advance for their application, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.