The Broadbent Institute is a national, non-partisan organization championing progressive change through the promotion of democracy, equality, and sustainability and the training of a new generation of leaders.
The Administrative Assistant reports to the Director of Operations and is responsible for a wide variety of administrative, operational, secretarial and support functions within the organization. This position is located in the Ottawa office.
The overall responsibility is to manage the daily operations to ensure a smoothly run organization over multiple office locations.
- Provide general administrative/clerical support including word processing, database and records management
- Provide support for Ottawa office including reception, mail, e-mail requests etc.
- Maintain filing system for the office, including managing archive files and publications
- Assist Executive Director with Board of Directors meetings,
- Provide support to Executive Director for scheduling and travel arrangements
- Assist program staff as required
- Monitor and as needed order office supplies, equipment, telephones, etc.
- Administer petty cash and deposit cheques
- Undertake other duties and special projects for Broadbent Institute of a nature consistent with the above responsibilities and where necessary assist with other areas of work as required
- Commitment to the Broadbent Institute’s vision and mission
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Superior level of computer literacy, especially word processing, Excel, and other software
- Strong interpersonal skills , excellent written and verbal skills
- Fluency in French is an asset
- Self-motivate and goal- driven, solution-oriented
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
- Well organized and attention to detail
- Ability to work expeditiously including working under tight frames and competing priorities, ability to multi-task
This is a full-time, salaried position. We offer a benefits package after the 3 month probationary period.
Applications will be accepted until noon on October 27, 2017.
To apply please forward your cover letter and resume to [email protected]. We thank all applicants in advance, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.