POSITION SUMMARY & CORE EXPECTATIONS:
The Broadbent Institute is seeking a writer for PressProgress, an online news project of the Institute. This is a 20 hours per week, term-limited position starting ASAP and ending November 30th. The position may be located anywhere in Saskatchewan or Manitoba and requires working remotely.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Working closely with the PressProgress editorial team, the writer will develop story ideas focused on issues pertinent to Saskatchewan and Manitoba, as well as investigate and write stories as assigned. This position reports to the Institute’s Program Director.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of Saskatchewan and Manitoba politics
- Post-secondary degree or equivalent
- 2 years of experience in a comparable position such as a rapid-response researcher, reporter or editor, preferably for online publication
- Excellent communication skills, superior writing and editing skills
- Commitment to the Broadbent Institute’s vision and mission
- Capable of working independently and taking the initiative at critical moments
- Ability to work effectively out of office
- Exceptional online research skills and attention to detail
- Sound political judgment
- Proven ability to thrive under the tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
Applications will be accepted until 5 PM on February 17th, 2020. To apply please forward your cover letter and resume to [email protected] with “Writer, PressProgress” in the subject line.
The Broadbent Institute is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates in advance for their application, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.